Select one (1) local government in your state or area and review the financial statements and audit report for the county or municipality. The financial statements of the government you selected should have at least three (3) funds. Refer to the continuing problem homework for Weeks 1 through 3 for this assignment.
Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) of the selected local government entity with the government entity identified from Week 1 homework. In your comparison, include:
a. Publication method of the CAFR
b. Audit and budget information in the CAFR
c. The type of audit report issued
d. Existence or non-existence of an internal audit function within the government entity
2. Prepare the analysis for the selected local government entity, including information on the introduction, financial section, and statistical section prepared in the continuing problem CAFR from chapter 2.
3. Analyze the methods used by the selected local government entity in comparing the budget-to-actual reports. Your analysis should include an evaluation of the basis of accounting used for the budget and financial statements.
4 .Analyze the sources of revenue on the selected local government. Your analysis should include information on both governmental and business-type activities of the government. In your report, be sure to examine
a. Property taxes and how they are accounted for
b. Other sources identified as primary revenue for the entity
c. Deferred revenue
d. Year-to-year variations in the tax levels of income
e. Various management discussion and analysis items of note
f. Information about the general fund
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more