MHE 7100 Instructions and Rubric for History Paper
100 points (25% of total grade)
For the MHE 7100 History paper, the student will demonstrate an understanding of both the historical and current day issues. Students will incorporate sources from the course as well as external academic sources to produce a 7-10 page paper.
Each paper will be submitted through Blackboard based upon the dates identified on the calendar and course schedule.
· History of a specific role/area: Academic Advising, University Registrars, Residence Life, Tenured Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, etc.
· History of Important Topics: In Loco Parentis, Affirmative Action in Admissions, FERPA, Accreditation, Distance Education, College Ranking, College Athletics, SAT/ACT scores, etc.
· History of Institutional Types: Liberal Arts Institutions, Women’s Colleges, HBCUs, Tribal Colleges, Community Colleges, For-Profit Institutions, etc.
· History of Specific Degrees: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Juris Doctor, Doctor of Education, Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Medicine, etc.
All other topics must be approved by your instructor.
· Title Page in APA format
· Section 1: Foundations – This section must include how this came to exist in higher education and how it was formed/developed.
· Section 2: Key Moments – This section will highlight key developments and challenges from the inception of the topic until present day.
· Section 3: Present Day Issues – This section must review the current issues, challenges, or victories for your chosen topic.
· Section 4: Conclusions – This section will vary based on the topic, but should include a discussion of what will impact this topic as we move forward, why this topic is important to practitioners in higher education, the impact of the topic in American society, etc.
· References Page in APA Format
See page 2 for rubric.
Requirements for Earning Full Credit
Maximum Point Value of Criterion for each paper
All required components are included and fully developed.
Engagement with sources
Shows clearly that the student critically considered and understood the sources (text, digital, and interview) that inform the paper.
Critically analyzes and synthesizes ideas from sources with the student’s own ideas.
Utilizes examples, data, and quotes to support ideas.
Sources are credible and academic (i.e., not using Wikipedia, study.com, about.com, etc.).
Sources are introduced, contextualized, and made relevant to the purpose of the paper.
It is always clear when information, opinions, or facts come from a source as opposed to coming from the student.
Paper is well organized and orderly from beginning to end.
Few, if any, errors of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, or grammatical errors.
Sources are appropriately referenced and documented according to APA style
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more