1. What is the plate tectonic theory? Explain the types of plate boundaries, and provide 1 example for each type of plate boundary.
2. Visit the USGS Advanced National Seismic Station (ANSS) list of ANSS stations at: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/monitoring/operations/network.php?virtual_network=ANSS. Identify the station closest to where you live. You can use the “Ctrl + F” command to search for a state name if you do not want to scroll through the whole list. Remember though, that a station in a bordering state may be physically closest to you.
Provide the following:
|Name of station|
|Latitude and longitude|
|Distance from you (in miles)|
|Date station commenced operation (year, day of year)|
3. Now visit the USGA Earthquake Fault Map at: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/hazards/qfaults/map/#qfaults. Find the approximate location of your ANSS station on the map. Click on a colored line closest to your station (this is a fault). A pop-up window should appear. Use it to provide the following information:
|Name of the fault|
|Age of the fault|
|Slip rate (this is how fast one side of the fault moves past the other)|
4. How do geologists determine the age of a fault line? What types of evidence specifically are used?
5. Now, visit the National Geographic MapMaker Interactive Plate Tectonic map at: http://mapmaker.nationalgeographic.org/3HAuN6mlVI6HWdsaiPJ8Z/. Be sure you are on the “Plate Tectonics” map. Provide the following:
|Name of the plate on which you live|
|Closest neighboring plate(s) to you|
6. Lastly, use the interactive map found here: https://www.learner.org/interactives/dynamicearth/plate.html. Use the map identify the type of plate boundaries that are present between your plate and the closest neighbor(s) you identified.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more