Dr. K. Thengumthara Name:
MATH106 Fall 2018 QUIZ 2
• This quiz covers week 2 material and is worth 100 points.
• When there are calculations involved, you should show the formula involved, how you came up with your answers with all the work. Express your answer using right units.
• The quiz is open book and open notes. This means that you may refer to your textbook, notes, and online course materials, but you must work independently and may not
• A brief honor statement is given below. Please sign it before you submit the Quiz. If you fail to sign the statement, your quiz will not be accepted. You may take as much time as
you wish, provided you turn in your quiz as a single pdf document via LEO by 11:59 pm
EDT on Sunday, November 11.
I have completed this assignment myself, working independently and not consulting anyone.
1. Solve: 3(x − 8) = 4 − 2(x + 2) (10 points)
2. 150% of what number is 84? (10 points)
3. Solve the inequality. Write the solution using interval notation and graph the solution. (10
4 x — 5 < 9 x + 5
4. Solve for the unknown variable. If necessary, round to one decimal places (10 points)
S = 4 LW + 2 WH, given S=160 L= 6 W =5
5. A 38-inch piece of steel is cut into three pieces so that the second piece is twice as long as the
first piece, and the third piece is three inches more than four times the length of the first piece.
Find the lengths of the pieces. (10 points)
6. Write the equation of the line passing through (2,5) and (-1,2). (10 points)
7. Graph the line: = − 1
2 + 5. Show at least two points you used to graph the line. (10 points)
8. Solve the system of equations: (10 points)
2 − 5 = −7 5 + 3 = −2
9. The percentage of mothers who smoke cigarettes during pregnancy has declined
approximately linearly from 14.4% in 1997 to 12.3% in 2004. Predict the percentage in 2014.
a. What is the percentage decline of mothers who smoke cigarettes per year? (3 points)
b. Find an equation to represent the percentage, P of mothers who smoke t years since 1997.
c. What will be the percentage of mothers who smoke in 2020? (2 points)
10. Kathi and Robert Hawn had a pottery stand at the annual Skippack Craft Fair. They sold
some of their pottery at the original price of $9.50 for each piece, but later decreased the price of
each piece by $2. If they sold all 90 pieces and took in $705, find how many pieces they sold at
the original price and how many pieces they sold at the reduced price. (10 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more